I was recently asked to speak to a group of women business owners – I was given 25 minutes and I needed to talk about social media. The most talked about and yet rarely understood topic that is on the lips of every business professional and entrepreneur.
Most say – I hear about it, I know I need to do something about it, but it just seems like a big waste of time.
Yep. Unless you have a plan. But that is another workshop I present.
I needed to talk quick and give the women something they could use that afternoon to help their business. Just like you, I have listened to podcasts, signed up for webinars, read e-books and articles and from that I picked these seven quick secrets that you can do this afternoon to help build awareness and help you to connect with customers:
- Get on the first page of LinkedIn for the key words in your industry. It isn’t as hard as you might think
- Share your important LinkedIn status updates with thousands, not just your contacts.
- Actually read that weekly email that comes from Linked In with your contact’s status updates and then send a message of acknowledgement to a few of them
- Grow your Twitter follows and engage in conversatoin
- Make sure your last Tweet of the day includes a link to your website
- Schedule social media activities into your every day calendar – it can be 15 minutes each day – you can get a lot done in 15 minutes
- Create a strategy by answering this question: What do you want to accomplish with social media?
Here is the handout that I provide for the 7 social media secrets that build awareness By the way – you’ll see a screen print of my Twitter followers at the time I did the presentation – about 850. In less than 10 days, after following the tips on my handout – I had 1500. FYI – I hand pick those I follow – I’m not interested in high numbers of followers, I’m more interested in following and having followers that are kindred spirits.
Interested in learning all of the great stories and details that go with this presenation? Give me a buzz – I’d love to present to your company or organization. 330-414-8792.