Thanks to Crystal Pirri, pictured here, for all her help with making this new site design come to life. Although my prior site served me well for over five years, it was time for a change. I had several objectives with my new writing websites design:
- Move it from a hosted site with another company to a self hosted platform so I’d have more control
- Incorporate my Wordpress blog
- Have contact information and social share links clearly visible so people wouldn’t have to hunt to figure out how to find me
- Include video
- Be cleaner and easier from a functionality perspective
- Focus on writing great website content – and dividing the information into more focused messaging
- Incorporate landing page content for additional URL addresses that I had purchased to assist in search results
Here is a screen capture of the old design:
Any thoughts – comments – suggestions?
When you visit a website, what is the most important thing you look for? Writing great website content requires an understanding of the person you hope will visit and stay – but images and functionality also play a role. I welcome your thoughts.