You just never know where an organic search will land a prospect. In a recent Entrepreneur Magazine article, the author, Mikal Belicove, reminds us to make sure we have all of our important company information on every page.
When a prospect begins a Google search, they type in key word phrases that may result in finding one of your sub pages like an article you’ve written, a press release or an event that took place last year. Mikal says make sure every interior page has the following:
- Company logo and tagline
- Consistent navigation including search
- A call to action – BOTH ABOVE AND BELOW THE FOLD (that was something I didn’t know and will now have to go back and fix for my site!)
- Clear, concise, compelling, grammatically correct website content (look for assistance, a second pair of eyes to view your content to make sure you haven’t used a wrong word or forgotten a word – spell check is only good for a small piece of the editing)
- Consistent design and colors
- Advertisements to promote featured products, services and special offers.
View each of your website pages as if this were the home page. What is missing? Would a reader know who you are and what you stand for if they enter on the Contact Us Page?