Keeping with the theme of video on your website, we have an article with Dos and Don’ts from Mikal Belicove entitled Video SEO for your website.
Don’ts and Do’s
• Do post quality video on your website.
• Don’t post video to YouTube assuming that it will drive traffic to your site.
• Do submit to search engines both your videos and the pages on which they appear.
• Do contact your video platform provider to ensure your content is properly indexed and drives traffic back to your site rather than the platform provider’s.
• Don’t assume your video platform provider will point links from your video back to your site. Ask.
Here are more tips for video SEO from the social media giant, Mashable.